Wednesday, March 10, 2010

14 Months going on 14 years

I have to tell this story of what occurred on Saturday night when Payton was taking her bath. I have a feeling little Miss Thing is going to be a handful when she grows up based on this little incident.

For this story to make sense, I first need to give a little bit of background info. Our bathtub handle is similar to this:




I use the word similar loosely, but the temperature control and water pressure are all on the same knob. Therefore, one of the hard fast no-no rule is that Payton's not allowed to touch it at all. Yes, I know I can buy something, but that's on the to do list. However, Payton loves to stand in the bath and "play" with the water coming out of the faucet. Every now and then, I swear she does this on purpose, she puts her hand on the no-no and looks at me and smiles. I tell her no-no and have had to spank her hand a couple times in the beginning when she first started to do it.


However, on Saturday night during her bath, she put her hand on it and I said no-no. Here's the funny part. She gave me the stink eye and ROLLED HER EYES at me while dramatically removing her hand. I know she was thinking, "Oh, ple-leese Mother." It was so funny and disturbing at the same time. Funny because it just was, and disturbing because she is only 14 MONTHS and she is already giving me attitude like I am so uncool.




I am still in shock that this little stinker rolled her eyes at me. I guess little girls learn attitude at an early age.

1 comment:

Aggie99 said...

Funny! And you're right, also a little disturbing. But I'm pretty sure I started rolling my eyes at a young age. Not that young, probably closer to three, but still. :)