This decade started out a little rough, to say the least. On January 1, 2010, Mommy got a nasty stomach virus. So much so that Miss Payton went to my Mom's to stay so she wouldn't catch it. I will not go into details, but I will say this........ I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE. I know I have a flare for the dramatics at time, but this is no joke. It was that bad. My Mom dropped Payton off on Saturday morning because guess what?????? She started to feel bad. Poor Derek had to take Payton to Mema's Christmas in Plano all by himself on Saturday. Although, I was feeling better on Saturday, I still had absolutely no energy. Then on Sunday guess what happened? Derek got it. Lovely!!! Poor baby is staying home from work today and I am going home at lunch with a bottle of bleach to disinfect everything.
I also would like to take this opportunity to recap 2009 for the Cargills (yes, Ashley I "borrowed" your blog entry)
Firsts
This was a year of firsts for the Cargills. Experiencing each new holiday through Payton's eyes. From Valentine's day
St. Patrick's Day

Easter

Fourth of July

Halloween

Thanksgiving
Birthday

and Christmas (yes, I know this is not her first Christmas, but she was only three days old last Christmas.)

It is amazing how much your life changes and how much each holiday means so much more while experiencing it with your child.
Stuff
It is amazing how much stuff you accumulate with a little one. From diapers, clothes and toys. I had no idea how much stuff a baby needs and then soon out grows. Also, how much stuff you have to take with you for a simple outing with your child.
Thankfulness
2009 has taught me to be thankful for my Mom. She watches Payton for us while Derek and I both work. My Mom is truly amazing, and I never realized how much I needed her until Payton was here. She would do anything for our family, and has been there when I had to work late or when I was sick. Payton has brought my Mom and I closer together than we have ever been and for that I am truly thankful.


No comments:
Post a Comment