Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Funnies



Tis the season to deck the halls. I thought I would share some Christmas funnies from Payton. I thought that since Payton would be three this year she would love Christmas. She is blah about it. She likes the tree and the Christmas lights outside our house, but other than that she really could care less. I tried to start the whole Elf on the Shelf thing, but she wasn't interested. I have also asked if she is excited about Santa coming, and she does want Santa to come sometimes when I ask her, but she really wants Frosty to come. Also, I have tried you better be good because Santa is watching. Her response, "I don't care about Santa, I am naughty." I try to tell her that she better reconsider or no presents. Her response, "I don't want any presents." I thought the Christmas time of year guaranteed good behavior at least for the month of December. I was so wrong.

Also, every night we have been watching a different Christmas movie. At first she was somewhat into it. She liked the Polar Express for about an hour. However, after the third night of Christmas movies she is done. Every time I turn one on the TV she starts yelling, "No Christmas. I don't like Christmas." Le sigh........ what's a mom to do? I think after Christmas comes this year and she sees all the loot she gets that maybe next year Christmas will go smoother.


We have also been reading Christmas books. Therefore, ALL reindeer are Rudolph. Payton also loves to yell at the top of her lungs when she sees Christmas lights on houses. Very cute, but also very bad for my ear drums. However, I do believe she looks pretty darn cute in front of a Christmas tree.

No comments: