Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Kindergarten.....

Well, this past Monday Payton started kindergarten.  I honestly had such mixed emotions about the whole thing.  Payton was excited and didn't understand the fuss we were making, but I still was trying to deal with the fact that my baby was old enough to start kindergarten.

Last year, Derek and I visited a couple of private schools and did some research online.  We decided on a Christian, classical education.   I know people have a lot of opinions regarding public vs. private schools, and both settings have pros and cons.  All I am going to say on the subject is that Derek and I made our decision based on our situation and our family.  I will say what I really loved about the school is the curriculum and the class size.  I will also admit that I love that she has to wear a uniform.  There is no fuss over what she is going to wear.  Also, the dress code is super strict.  She has to wear a certain kind of shoe and hair bows cannot be more than three inches in diameter.  They are not kidding around when it comes to the dress code.



This is the face Payton makes when you ask her to smile:


Posing with her backpack.
 Derek and Payton


Me dropping her off at school.
 Mrs. Kirk, her teacher....
 Such a big girl sitting at her desk.





I will admit that I got emotional twice.  The first time was when I finished getting her dressed in her uniform.  I don't know what came over me, but looking at her all dressed for school it hit me that she really was going to kindergarten.

The second time was when I walked out of her classroom.  Here's the deal about me getting emotional.  I was not emotional about her actually going to kindergarten.  She is ready and so excited about going.  I think I was emotional because this is the first day of her being on her path to higher education and her first educational milestone.  I don't know if that makes sense, but that is was got me.


After school she did her homework and told us she loved it.  When I asked her about her favorite part of the day, she said lunch.  That was, and still is, my favorite part of the day.



No comments: