Thursday, September 19, 2013

Falling into Fall....

I know I have mentioned this like every single fall, but I love this time of the year.  I love the weather turning cooler, and by cooler I mean highs in the 90s as opposed to over a 100.  Last weekend we officially put out all our fall decor.  One of the favorite things we put up is our  Boo Houses.  About three years ago we started to collect these houses.  They are from Department 51 and I love them.  The only problem is we are starting to run out of space.



Payton added the leafs to the houses.  I think it turned out pretty good.  Here is Payton modeling the Boo Houses.....


We also put some decorations on the outside of the house, and Payton really wants me to purchase this blow-up black cat she saw in a magazine.  However, I don't think we will be purchasing that Halloween decor because it is really not attractive, it blows-up, and it is kind of pricey.


This fall Payton will also be in soccer.  She is still doing dance on Tuesdays, but starting this Saturday she will be in soccer.  Let me just tell you it was sort of an ordeal to get her soccer cleats and shin guards.  I thought it would be fairly easy given that there is a Dick's Sporting Goods and Academy within five miles of our house.  However, Payton is wearing an 8 1/2 shoe, and Daon mentioned that they ran small.  So, I was planning on trying some on her to see which ones would fit.  Well at both places the smallest size they had were tens and no extra small shin guards.  So, I took a chance and ordered them both online.  I went with a nine shoe and they seem to fit perfectly.  I don't know what we would have done if they didn't fit because I couldn't return them and get a new pair of cleats back before the soccer season starts.  She is beyond excited about soccer.  Well, I really don't know if it is about soccer or if she is excited because she has new gear including a new pink, shiny soccer ball. 

Lastly, this picture below pretty much sums up Payton right now.



Fashionable and full of SASS............



2 comments:

Aggie99 said...

Yea! I'm so glad ordering the cleats worked out.

The boo houses are super cute. I need to get out my decor soon. But I somehow feel a little silly decorating for fall when there are so many other boxes left to unpack and I don't have a single other decoration up in our main living area.

I'm not going to lie. I've considered not doing any permanent house decorating until after the holidays. I mean, I kinda feel like what's the point when I'll likely move it anyway. And the holidays will be here so quickly. . .

Aggie99 said...

Yea! I'm so glad ordering the cleats worked out.

The boo houses are super cute. I need to get out my decor soon. But I somehow feel a little silly decorating for fall when there are so many other boxes left to unpack and I don't have a single other decoration up in our main living area.

I'm not going to lie. I've considered not doing any permanent house decorating until after the holidays. I mean, I kinda feel like what's the point when I'll likely move it anyway. And the holidays will be here so quickly. . .